Friday, February 15, 2013

Blogging Around

My first comment was to Margaret's blog about cleaning her closet, "Getting Organized". She said that it was a tedious closet and she felt no better when she was done than when she had started. She said that all she had gained was yarn and an extra pair of pants, etc. I said

"You cleaned your closet?!?! Wow! The real question is: is it still clean? Also, why does the mess in your closet matter to you so much? If you really are attached to it you should at least feel some sort of loss. I would be elated to have more pants! I think the mess in your closet is really just the extent of your rebelling. Go get a tattoo or something. Closets are meant to be organized spaces!I think we all need to feel some sort of control, even if that control is a mess!"

I thought it was interesting that she was using her room as a means of rebellion. I think that if she found other ways to keep control or express herself she would be happier and her closet would be cleaner!

My second comment was to Nina's Blog, a connection to Thomas Edison and Steve Jobs. She talked about their "Grit" or their perseverance in inventing, discovering, and learning. I said

"I would be really interested to know how you feel about "grit" in your own life! I agree that these people were so inspirational, and they changed the world. I think it's really cool that you acknowledge their talents and look up to their example. It would be enlightening to hear what you think about that in your reality!"

I think that "grit" is very real for everyone and that if we all had more of it we would be more daring and not as quick to back down when things got hard. That would also mean people like Thomas Edison and Steve Jobs would not be nearly as cool as they are to us now! I think a little grit can go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment